MusoMind is a global company. By using our platform, you agree that your personal information that you provide directly to us, or that we collect through your use of the platform, may be transferred to and stored in the European Union and handled as described in this Policy by us, including our authorized employees, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and third party service providers.
Information you provide through your account
This is information that you provide to us directly, such as your name, description, photos, payment information and personal details, as well as any content you share with us as described in our terms. The information we collect differs depending on if you are a registered user (fan) and whether you have artist profile(s).
- First and Last name
- Email address
- Preferred payment method type (Paypal or Credit Card processed by Stripe)
- Profile image (optional)
- Billing and residence addresses (optional)
- Consent to share contact details with a supported artist (optional)
- Consent to share general location details with a supported artist (optional).
- Support messages to artists (optional)
- Your communication preferences with us
Artists provide in addition:
- Artist name (musician or band name)
- Artist description and hashtags
- Profile image
- Banner images
- Releases (music or video, direct or embedded from 3rd parties)
- Payout method and details (Paypal or Stripe)
You may also have the option to add more information to your public fan or artist profile, which we store along with your basic information.
MusoMind does not store sensitive payment information like credit card details (number, expiration date, CVV) or Paypal passwords. You are sharing that information with our payment processors only. The only payment information you share with us is your preferred payment method type - Paypal or Credit Card (processed by Stripe).
When a support is confirmed, our payment processors provide us with a token, which is a secure identifier for your account that only we can use and is stored securely by us. This token is not containing or exposing any payment account information.
Automatically Collected Information
We collect information automatically as you navigate the platform or through our third party analytics providers. We may store usage information, such as the type of device you use to access MusoMind, your operating system, browser type, IP address, device ID, the pages you visit, data you request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We derive and store the date and time of those actions, as well as your location from self-disclosed information, your IP address and from your payment cards.
Third Party Platforms
Widgets & Features
We use features and widgets from third parties, including embedded music players, video players and social Like and Share buttons or similar mini-programs and features that run on MusoMind (collectively "widgets"). When you provide us with a URL or embedding code of a supported 3rd party platform, we may display its widgets on your artist profile. If you provide your social media information to us, we may set it to interact with you on these social networks.
- YouTube & Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Bandcamp: https://bandcamp.com/privacy
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/pages/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
How We Use Your Information
We process your information to:
- verify your identity to comply with German, European Union and international laws
- allow you to sign in to your account
- allow you to support an artist on MusoMind
- process support payments and payouts
- publicly display your fan profile and artist profile
- publicly display your support and which artists you support, excluding financial information
- publicly display fans who supports you as an artist, excluding financial information
- send you emails relevant to your usage - mandatory emails are always sent, optional emails are controlled by your email preferences
- reply to your questions
- provide to you existing and enhanced services related to your MusoMind account
- promote your MusoMind profile for greater discoverability based on your content, preferences and similar profiles
- spotlight and celebrate artists and fans
- market MusoMind products and services to you or to audiences similar to you based on your content, preferences, networks and common factors that other have with you, unless you opt out, as controlled by your email preferences
- understand how you use the service, create better tools and improve existing ones for our users
- prevent fraud and abuse of the platform
- provide you with reasonable accommodation if you notify us of a disability
Information We Share with Artists
By supporting an artist, you agree to have the following information shared with that artist as a supporting fan:
- your name, profile photo and other public profile information you've provided
- your recurring support amount
- your support's billing history
- your support message
- your email address
- your country, state, place of residence and postal code (we will not share your street address or other location details).
We do not publicly share the financial details of your support or the personal information you share with the artists.
We do not manage the communications of the artists. We only share the communication details you provide and agree to share with them. Once you opted in to receive information from an artist, opting out must be done by you, either by sending an opt-out request via your Fan dashboard or by communicating with the artists directly.
We may share some aggregated and anonymized data with artists about how you use MusoMind and their artist profile. That information can not be linked back to you or any other individual user.
Artists may export the data shared with them as files for their own use. They may further share and use this data with 3rd parties for the same purposes only.
Artists agree to the terms of our Data Processing Agreement (DPA) when they create their account. In this agreement artists are obliged to protect the privacy of the information you share with them through us, and restricted to use it only for the purposes of communicating with you, during and beyond their MusoMind relationship.
Information We Share with Third Parties
We never sell your information to third parties. We will only share data with third parties, other than with artists, under the following circumstances:
- with our service providers, who are companies that are contractually engaged with us to provide us with services, such as application servers, data storage, logging and log analysis, email management, analyzing data and trends, payment processing, multi currency settlement solutions, increasing our brand awareness and user engagement and marketing initiatives, accountancy, legal and financial consultancy, security auditing, and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to your data to perform their services, and are obliged by contract to safeguard any of your data they receive from us to the same extent that MusoMind protects it.
- to protect the security and integrity of MusoMind, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of MusoMind, its employees, users, or others, if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, regulation, or other valid legal process (e.g., subponeas or warrants served on MusoMind). If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you promptly with notice by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
- with authorized third party apps using MusoMind's API or other assets.
- with our authorized partners, who may have access to your data to perform their services, and who are obligated by contract to safeguard any of your data they receive from us to the same etent that MusoMind protects it.
Information MusoMind Collects from Third Party Apps
When you create a MusoMind account, you can elect to connect your social account(s) (e.g. Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter) with MusoMind, if this feature is available to you. We will collect and store some social information from those platforms, such as:
- followers or subscriber counts,
- post or upload counts,
- view, like, and comment counts.
This social information allows us to to provide you with a better MusoMind experience, and also helps guide future development of MusoMind. We use this data to:
- help artists and fans find each other on MusoMind
- assess how to make artists more successful on MusoMind
- analyze and describe our business
Information We Share with the Public
The following information is publicly accessible:
- your profile, including profile image, description, hashtags and public URL handle
- your content that you shared in your artist profile, including music, videos, artworks, images, lyrics and texts
- artists you support
- fans who support you as an artist
- support messages
- support counters and other aggregated information about your profile
Your Preferences and Rights over Data
Choosing your preferences
You can view your account preferences in your account settings page. You can adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if you wish, by changing your selection.
- provide you with information about our service, service enhancement, or new MusoMind products or features, while you are on our website or using our apps.
- send you messages regarding your existing service, or enhancements related to your existing service, when you are off our platform, via email, or via text (including mobile push notifications), if you have signed up for a service or event notification that uses text or push messages.
- send you messages related to services we provide which are separate from your existing service via email, if you have consented to receiving such messages, from which you may opt out. This applies to both registered users and unregistered users who subscribed to our marketing communications.
- market MusoMind to you and audiences similar to you based on your shared content, preferences, networks and common factors that others have with you, unless you opt out.
- ask for demographic information to spotlight and celebrate artists and fans.
- promote your account for greater discoverability.
Opting out of Marketing
You may object to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. You may also object to the use of your data for marketing upon creation of your account or anytime thereafter by changing your communication preferences in your account.
Opting out will stop marketing emails. Please allow up to 30 days for your opt-out request to be processed. If you have an account with MusoMind, you will continue to receive service-related emails, and texts (including mobile push notifications) if you have opted into receiving them.
We will never sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Accessing, updating and deleting information in your account
You can access, update and delete certain information associated with your account on the account settings page, fan profile page and artist profile page. You may update or terminate a support by accessing it from your fan dashboard.
Terminating your account or profile and remaining data
You can terminate your account or artist profile by contacting us. Please allow up to 30 days for your account to be removed. Please note that this final act can not be reversed and any supports associated with your fan or artist profile will be terminated and notified to the related fans and artists.
When you terminate your account or artist profile, your details will be deleted with the exception of the following:
- user id
- artist id
- artist name
- support history and amounts
Other public information, such as profile data and content, will be removed and no longer available.
By removing your artist profile, your artist URL handle will become available again for use by other artists.
Please note that information previously shared with artists remains at their disposal.
CompLiance with EU Privacy Laws
MusoMind is an international platform which headquarters are located in Berlin, Germany.
MusoMind complies with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We act as Data Controllers, as defined under the GDPR, and process personal data based on our legitimate interests, and for contractual necessity in providing you our service as described in "How We Use Your Information" section. We also process and share personal information based on notification and users' consent, which our users may revoke at any time.
We apply the same principles of privacy protection to all our users, not just to data subjects in the EU and UK.
Exercising Your Data Rights
Users in certain locations may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding data that MusoMind controls as a Data Controller as defined under GDPR, including:
- the right of access to their personal data;
- the right to correct or rectify any inaccurate personal data;
- the right to restrict or oppose the processing or personal data;
- the right to personal data portability; and
- the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
You can exercise rights over your data on MusoMind in the following ways:
- accessing, reviewing, modifying, and updating your data by logging into your account at MusoMind and going to your account settings.
- downloading your data to port it, or deleting your data.
- opting out of marketing communications by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email communication
- visiting our support pages or contacting us for more questions
- terminating your account
- if you are unable to log into your account, and are unable to recover your account with a password reset in order to lodge your privacy request, then you may reach out to us and describe your issue. We reserve the right to decline you access to or recovery of your account, at our sole discretion, to prevent unauthorized takeover of your account.
Account Holders with Disabilities
We do our best to provide accessibility our account holders with disabilities. If you are having difficulty accessing your account, please contact us for assistance.
Contacting us about Privacy and Data Protection
If you have privacy concerns or questions, the best way to reach us is via our contact form.
You may also mail a letter to us with your questions to:
c/o Mellono UG
Establishing an Authorized Agent
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester's valid government ID, and the authorized agent's valid government ID. Please contact us with your request. To protect your information from account takeover, we may decline access to or recovery of your account at our sole discretion.
Prohibition Against Discrimination
We do not discriminate against users who exercise their privacy rights.
Our Data Retention Period
We retain your account information for ten years after your account is last active, unless you terminate, or you request us to terminate, your account. We may continue to retain some information, even after you terminate your account, as described under "Your preferences or rights over data" or if we are required to do so in order to comply with various laws.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it.
MusoMind is not directed at children under the age of 13, and children may not create an account or otherwise use MusoMind.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this polity, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email in advance of the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use MusoMind after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy. If you have any questions about a change, you may contact us.
Effective immediately for existing and new users of MusoMind joining on or after August 10th, 2020.