MusoMind for Artists
Create your artist profile • Get supported by your fans, directly and regularly • No special rewards or extra content required • Your music is all your fans need
Imagine if you could be financially supported by your fans, directly and on a regular basis, purely for your music. This is MusoMind in a nutshell.
We know how it is. We are there ourselves, on both ends as musicians and music fans. For the last twenty years, the new formula became ubiquitous in the music world: RECORDED MUSIC = ZERO MONEY.
Let's face it. Between illegal piracy and legal piracy, also known as music streaming services, music has completely lost its monetary value (and no, we don't consider ridiculous amounts like $0.0038 per stream as a monetary value, especially compared to the amount of money invested in creating that music).
But technology is never the problem. The way it is used is. The industry created music streaming services in order to combat illegal piracy, but those services were designed to serve the big corporates and major labels, not the artists. It freed music and made it available anytime anywhere, but the vast majority of artists are seeing peanuts as rewards because they were never really included in the plans.
The solution, however, can't be going back to downloads and CDs. Music streaming is probably here to stay and it has its benefits too. But what's left for musicians? Even live gigs are no longer a reliable income source since Covid-19.
What's really missing is a new culture, a new contract between fans and artists based on mutual trust and love of music. You bring in your talent, vision, passion and hard work, your fans bring in the support.
This is where MusoMind comes in. It is made to let your fans support you directly and regularly, on a recurring basis, just for your music and nothing else. No perks, rewards or prizes are needed and keep your extra content for social media. Your music is all we want here.
How does MusoMind work?
We have built MusoMind with maximal ease and clarity in mind, so that anyone will find it super simple to use.
- Sign-up to create your MusoMind artist profile.
- Invite all your fans to support you.
- Your fans will be able to choose their recurring support amount - starting with even $1 a month (effectively like selling two albums a year!). They may also opt in to receive more news from you.
- That amount will be added to your balance in 100%. We do not take any fees from you, they are charged on top. For instance, for a monthly support of $1.00, we will charge the fan $1.39 ($0.22 of which goes to the payment processor, e.g. PayPal).
- Once your payout threshold is reached ($25 minimum), we will transfer the balance to your chosen payout mean.
- You can always monitor your balance, supports and previous transactions in your artist dashboard.
- Unlike many crowdfunding platforms, in MusoMind you are not required to reward your fans with any perks, prizes or any extra content. Your music is all your fans want anyway.
MusoMind vs other platforms
While there are different ways to make money from your music, MusoMind's model is by far the most profitable and cost-effective for most artists, especially in the medium and longer term because of two main reasons: Fan supports are recurring (monthly) and artists are not required to provide any special rewards or extra content - just the music.
Here's a quick comparison between the most common options for artists to monetize their music:
Everyone has fans! Even if you're not yet an established act with thousands of fans all over the world, your very first fans are: Your family and your friends. You might also have a few super fans, people who really dig your music and follow you closely. They will very likely be the first to support you at very affordable amounts and your artist profile will already look pretty good, having a couple of dozens of genuine fans.
BRINGING YOUR FANS IN IS ALWAYS A PROCESS
In this quick tutorial we are going to give you a few ideas and tips how to get started about bringing your fans in. You want to engage your fans to support you, but never spam by repeating invites or by messaging random strangers.
Some fans might support you immediately, while others not and that's perfectly natural. Even if they love your music, most fans might take more than one visit to start supporting - so be persistent, don't get discouraged and keep the focus on the bigger picture.
Above all, have patience. Creating a brand and engaging people is always a long term process. When it's steady enough, coupled with great music and other engaging content, your followers will be more likely to visit your MusoMind profile and eventually become real supporting fans.
FIRST STEP: Write your closest fans an email or message them via direct messaging.
Keep it short and to the point, but most importantly, make it inspiring and motivating. If using direct messaging you'd want to keep it even shorter and develop it as a genuine personal conversation, rather than a "marketing talk". You can even create a personalized video invitation - wouldn't that be something!
Here is our very non-binding suggestion, so please don't copy and paste it as is. Rather use it as a general guide, customize it to your own story, make it personal and make it count. You might even want to write each of your close fans a separate individual message. After all those are your super fans, your strongest and closest supporters.
Subject: Support my music on MusoMind
I want to invite you to support my music on MusoMind. It's a platform that lets people support their favorite musicians directly and on a regular basis with very affordable amounts - even $1 a month!
Your support will allow me to keep creating and releasing my music, focusing on creativity and quality. While music streaming services like Youtube and Spotify are paying artists extremely low fees for their music and with Covid-19 making live gigs an unreliable income source, MusoMind is a great way for artists like me to keep going and for my fans to show their appreciation and take a genuine part in my musical life.
MusoMind is not about charity. It is about a new cultural contract between artists and fans, based on mutual trust and love of music.
You can visit my MusoMind profile at - Enter your MusoMind ARTIST profile URL here, e.g. https://www.musomind.com/artist/YuvalRon
Your support is very much appreciated!
SECOND STEP: GO PUBLIC
Once some of your closest fans are already supporting you, it may be a good time to take the next step and announce your MusoMind profile to the world.
Create an engaging post, preferably a video, on each of your active social media pages, both private and public profiles as well as your newsletter.
Remember that although it may be less direct or personalized, you still have to make it so that your fans and followers would want to support you.
Perhaps show your intended post to a few trusted fans before posting it.
NEXT STEPS: CONTENT INCLUSION
Building a genuine fan base is never a one-off thing. You'll want to do this repeatedly. But you can't send invitation emails more than once or twice, or you'll bore your fans rather than entertain them and might even become spammy. That is why your best strategy is inclusion within your content. Here are a few ideas how to do this:
- Add your MusoMind profile URL and brand logos to your website, social media banners and even your profile photos. This will make sure people see it very often. Add a short, engaging text to the caption and add the link to your MusoMind profile.
- In your social media posts, add a Call To Action at the bottom: âSupport my music on MusoMindâ with your profile's URL.
- Add the Call To Action to your newsletters.
- Did you create a new music video? Maybe one of those 60-seconds Instagram clips? Why not adding a nice short end screen with a support Call To Action and your profile's URL?
- Run an ad campaign to your current social media followers to increase your reach. We recommend to do this only if you already have a solid followers base who know you and your music.
Follow us on our Blog and social media profiles for more tips how to enhance and grow your followership and fan base.